Organizing ContentGems for Teams
ContentGems is great for organizing multiple projects. Here are some pointers to put everything at your fingertips.
You can reach the dashboard by clicking on the ContentGems logo. Here you can see all of your Feed Collections, Filters, Workflows, and Destinations at a glance.
How do I handle organizing Feeds for multiple clients?
- Feed Collections are ordered alphabetically. As part of the description, you may want to begin the naming with the client name, then project name, then a description of the Feed Collection
How do I handle organizing Filters for multiple clients?
- Build Folders based on clients or on projects
- Filters are ordered chronologically, so remember to clearly label them, or if you have too many and it becomes confusing, consider creating a new Folder to decrease the number of Filters in any given Folder
A reminder of ways to do things in the Filters tab:
Create a new Filter
Select the "+ New Filter" link from the Dashboard's Filter column, or from the Filters workspace sidebar.
Rename a Filter
Select the gear icon at the top right, and then the pencil icon next to the Filter name. Enter the new name and select "Update".
Create a new Folder
Select the "New Folder" option from the left column.
Rename a Folder
Select the Settings option underneath your Folder. You can now change the name of your Folder.
Delete a Folder
Select the Settings option underneath your Folder. You can now delete the name of your Folder.
Change the Order of Folders
Select the Settings option underneath your Folder. You can now move a Folder up or down.
Move a Filter into a Different Folder
Select the gear icon at the top right, and then the pencil icon next to the Filter name. Select the new Folder from the dropdown menu and then click the "Update" button.
How do I handle organizing Workflows for multiple projects/clients?
- Workflows are organized alphabetically, so when naming a Workflow, you may want to begin with the client name or an abbreviation, then project name or code
How do I handle organizing Destinations for multiple clients?
- Be aware that Destinations are organized based on chronological order, that is when they were created
- When naming a Destination, you may want to begin with the client name or an abbreviation, then project name or code, then a description for the Destination
- To simplify getting information out to your team, consider setting up a group email or Slack as a Destination for relevant information